Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Mortal Kombat

I love Mortal Kombat.
I love everything about it.
I love the over-the-top characters, the wacky powers, the wince-inducing gore, the incorrect spelling of the word "Kombat", and I REALLY love that undecipherable gibberish Raiden yells when he flies across the screen! I love Kano, I love Shinnok, I love Fujin, I love Liu Kang and Kung Lao. Who doesn't love Scorpion? Who can deny the awesome-ness of Sub-Zero's "Spine Rip" Fatality? Who can deny the awesome-ness of Fatalities in general?

Answer: No one.

John Tobias and Ed Boon were just two guys with a dream and the determination to get a game created no matter what hurdles they had to jump (the game should have died when Van Damme backed out). But they stuck with it, and stuck to their guns when Politicians wanted their game obliterated. They are an inspirational duo and Mortal Kombat is a franchise I HAVE to work on at some point in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment